Tuesday 18 February 2014

... have a smile and a giggle. A smiggle if you will. by Bea Honeybone

Hi.

My name's Beatrice and I'm one of the few people who got invited to write a blog about Smiggle. It stands for "where a smile meets a giggle". A very nice lady called Mel Kirk, from Tribal Media, organised it so I could take part in telling you about Smiggle before the first shop opens in London on Thursday.

My Mum told me that I had a package and I was really excited. I knew it was stationery as soon as she said it was something for me to do. It was FULL of Smiggle stuff.

In my package I got an amazing pencil case that has 9 places to put my things including the pencil holders that can have 7 pencils in each. I also got some double ended pens - thick and thin tipped, double ended pencils, an ordinary pencil with an owl rubber on top. There was a 30cm rubber in the shape of a flume and a sketch pad with A5 pieces of paper in it. A horse stencil and sticker book and black scratch pad. Last of all I got a book light which is cool because I love to read in bed.





I've created some of my own pictures using all my Smiggle stuff. Here is the first piece of art I did using the horse stencil. It's called 'The Horse in the Mushrooms".








My second piece of art is the name Smiggle. I call this 'Smiggle with a Hummingbird'.













This is quite unique I think, well that's how I'd describe it. 'The Alien in the Wrong Space!' It's 3D and uses the black scratch pad and the A5 pad as well as the double ended pencils.


Finally, I made this for my homework last week. We had to draw a picture of an alien spaceship. The egg shaped aliens have hearts hanging from their ship and my teacher gave me extra merits for this. You can see some of my Smiggle goodies here too.

I really like Smiggle because their products are great for adults and children. They seem very friendly and I advise you to go to Smiggle when it opens in Westfield Stratford City. I wish it had been there when we went to the Olympics!

Thank you for reading this blog.

From Beatrice :)
Age 9





No comments:

Post a Comment