Thursday 28 June 2012

...relish being a have instead of a have not

High speed BB is awesome! Well, that's a slight exaggeration, I'm not American after all. But it's pretty good. As I type I'm tweeting via my phone, watching a film online and downloading games onto my 7 year old's iPod. This may seem trivial to those of you living in urban bliss, regularly accessing speeds I can only imagine but today I have joined the 'haves' thanks to the loan of a friend's flat in Central London.

Aside from multi device access, not having to hold a phone up towards the window in the far corner of the study just to get a signal (don't even get me started on our guaranteed speed of up to 0.5M...) is a novelty I'd like to become a reality.

Guinea Fowl - West Norfolk
So over the next few days I shall revel in the speeds B and I can share as we both update our blogs (check out her first post here) and take comfort in the fact that whilst our digital lives still run at a snail's pace, our real lives are unhindered by the endless queues of traffic and stifling tube journeys.

After all how many of you can claim to see this sight on your way home? Sometimes country living has its benefits. And sometimes it's slower than I'd like.



No comments:

Post a Comment