Monday 25 June 2012

...tick things off a list

Now properly into my 40s, like many people I guess, I'm realising there are some things in life I'd really like to experience. The usual suspects feature:
  • Go tiger trekking in India
  • Hike to Mount Everest base camp
  • See Mount Uluru
  • Visit exotic, remote islands with endless white sandy beaches and vivid blue waters
  • Take the time to get in touch with family and friends
And those more specific to me:
  • Buy a new wardrobe of clothes because I'm fed up of jumpers and jeans
  • Wear lipstick for the hell of it instead of just when I go out 
  • Finish all those stories I've started
The list is long and egocentric of course because it's all about me! 

First up on the list was a long standing ambition to go to a Springsteen gig having been a fan for more than 25 years. Finally on Friday June 22nd I saw the magic that is The Boss. Three and a half hours of raw energy that brought some of the grown men around us to tears. I watched in amazement as he pulled a woman on the stage to dance with him and she was wearing....a onesie - Courtney Cox eat your heart out! Tried not to stare when a couple arrived at 9.00pm complete with very young baby in a papoose on its Dad's chest and wearing ear defenders. We had arrived late assuming Bruce and the E Street Band wouldn't be on until at least 7.30 and had no idea who the support act was; there was no support act, just this energetic bunch of 60 year old rockers who kicked off at 7.10pm, so we missed the first song. And despite no 'Born in the USA', the set list was epic and we, his followers, united in the Etihad Stadium, sang our hearts out to the last song of the night: Twist and Shout (all the more fitting for a couple of Liverpool girls).

For now the tiger trekking and Everest trip will have to wait and I have no idea if there's a style that's particularly me but I'm wearing lipstick as I type...

No comments:

Post a Comment